Nursery and Hunter Ferrell Rd.
Park closes at dusk
Beginning in Dallas, the Eagle Ford Trail
crossed the West Fork of the Trinity River at Eagle Ford, near today's Singleton Boulevard and Loop 12. Settled by Enoch Horton in 1844, Eagle Ford was named for an eagle's nest found at that location by the river. Later, Horton's son, James, built a grist mill there.
The mill would become a natural rest point for travelers between Dallas and villages such as Kit, Shady Grove, and Sowers. The mill would also attract farmers from far away villages such as Estelle, near present day DFW Airport. Continuing westward, the Eagle Ford Trail eventually connected to the Birdville Trail at the Dallas and Tarrant County lines.
Horse trailer parking area.
Large pavilion with eight tables, a drinking fountain and a cooking grill.
Concrete surface trail (not lighted).
Open play field with a backstop.
Cricket pitch field.
Park entry monument and sign.
Total Acreage: 62.88
Mountain Creek Shelter
Reservations are not required but are recommended
Reservations require a two hour minimum
$20 per hour