Manuscript Vertical File
Collection Number: MVF 9-05
Accession Number: 0203-258
Item(s): Publication - A Look at Your Public Schools After Five Years, 1956-1961; a booklet entitled “The Story of a Church” about the founding of South MacArthur Church of Christ; photocopy of a newspaper article about a teacher scholarship in honor of Mabel Trigg, 1964. Also included are three photos: the faculty of Plymouth Park Elementary, 1959-60 and 1962-63; and the student body of the Elm School, 1940
Donor: Martha Trigg
Date Received: July 11, 2003
Literary Rights Statement:
Permission to publish from the collection must be obtained from the Irving Archives, Irving Public Library.
The file contains a five-year report produced by the IISD covering the years 1956-1961. The report consists of budget information, district history, how tax money is spent, enrollment figures, and photos of the various school buildings. The file also contains a booklet, “The Story of a Church” which addresses the formation of the South MacArthur Church of Christ. The booklet was produced in 1975. Also included is a photocopy of a newspaper article announcing the presentation of two teacher scholarships in memory of Mrs. Mabel Trigg, a teacher of 23 years, who died in 1963. The article is from 1964.
Finally the collection contains three photos: a 5˝ x 7˝, black-and-white photo of the Plymouth Park Elementary faculty, 1959-60; a 5˝ x 7˝, color photo of the Plymouth Park Elementary faculty, 1962-63; and a 6˝ x 8˝, black-and-white photo of the Elm School student body and teacher Mabel Trigg.
The photos have been removed and place in the MVF Photo Collection Box #1.