Manuscript Vertical Files
Collection Number: MVF 30-07
Accession Number: 1112-35
Item(s): A Christmas ornament commemorating the 100th anniversary of Irving’s Heritage House, 2012.
Producer: Irving Heritage Society
Donor: Jan Hart
Date Received: January 6, 2012
Literary Rights Statement: Permission to publish from the collection must be obtained from the Irving Archives, Irving Public Library.
The file contains an ornament commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Heritage House in Irving, Texas. The Heritage House was the home of C. P. and Virginia Schulze. C. P. Schulze was the brother of town co-founder J. O. Schulze. When J. O. returned to his native Iowa in 1905, C. P. moved to Irving to take over his brother’s lumberyard. C. P. and Virginia had the house built in 1912. They raised their two children there. The house was also the center of many social and civic activities during the first half of the twentieth century. In 1975, the Schulze family donated the house to the City of Irving as a house museum to be maintained in the fashion of the 1910s. The gold-colored, metal ornament, number 27 of a limited number of 100, is a depiction of the Heritage House.