Manuscript Vertical Files
Collection Number: MVF 21-01
Accession Number: 0607-122
Item(s): Fliers, newsletters, calendars of events; newspaper articles on Esther Hurwitz at Balch Springs, 1970s-80s; and specifications for an addition to the municipal library, 1964.
Donor: City Secretary’s Office, City of Irving
Date Received: 1986
Literary Rights Statement:
Permission to publish from the collection must be obtained from the Irving Archives, Irving Public Library.
The file contains invitations to the groundbreaking and the opening of the Central Library building, 1984 and 1986; various types of printed material created to promote the Irving Public Library and the Friends of the Library, 1970s-1980s; a brief history of the library and list of head librarians up to 1982; photocopies of articles relating to Esther Hurwitz’s work on behalf of the Balch Spring Library, c. 1969 (Esther Hurwitz founded Irving's first library in 1941); and specifications for an addition to Irving Municipal Library submitted by architects Grogan and Scoggins, c. 1964.