Manuscript Vertical Files
Collection Number: MVF 20-15
Accession Number: 0607-122
Item(s): Newspaper articles pertaining to the Heritage House, 1975-1985; and information put together for the application for a Texas state historical marker for the Heritage House.
Donor: City of Irving, City Secretary’s Office
Date Received: 1986
Literary Rights Statement:
Permission to publish from the collection must be obtained from the Irving Archives, Irving Public Library.
The Heritage House was originally the C. P. Schulze family home. The house was constructed in 1912 for C. P. Schulze, his wife Virginia Tucker Schulze, and their two children Mary and Charles. C.P. Schulze died in 1957. Virginia Schulze lived in the house until her death in 1966. In 1975, the Schulze children, Mary and Charles, donated the house to the city of Irving as part of the local Bicentennial events. The house was refurbished in the style of the early 1900s and opened as a house museum. The file contains a copy of a handwritten history of the house and the Schulze family in Texas; photocopies of photos of the interior and exterior of the house as part of the historic marker application; and articles from the mid-to-late-1970s on the Heritage House. The file also contains a photocopy of a 1948 newspaper documenting an event held at the house. Three pictures of the interior of the house accompany the article.