Manuscript Vertical Files 

Collection Number: MVF 13-06A

Accession Number: 0405-111

Item(s): Matchbooks (7) with a color photo of Irving State Bank on them, c. 1950s.

Producer:          

Donor: Garfield Andrew

Date Received: Feb. 25, 2005 

Literary Rights Statement: 

Permission to publish from the collection must be obtained from the Irving Archives,
Irving Public Library.

Description

     The file contains books of matches (7) from Irving State Bank from the 1950s. On the back of the book are color photos of the Irving State Bank building and the drive-thru banking building. Irving State Bank was chartered in 1908.  It was Irving’s first bank. From 1912 to 1947, the bank was located in a building at the northwest corner of Irving Blvd. and Main St.  In 1947, the bank moved across the street to a newly constructed building on the east side of Main Street. The bank remained in this building until 1967. It is the building constructed in 1947 that is depicted on the matchbook covers.