MANUSCRIPT VERTICAL FILES
Collection Number: MVF 4-25
Accession Number: 9900-105
Item(s): A receipt from Merchants and Planters Bank of Irving, 1907; receipt from Parlin and Olendorff Implement Co., 1908; three photos - two of the Salvation Army Camp in Irving, 1959; and one photo of the remains of a burned house at Singleton and Ledbetter, 1959.
Producer: Raymond Story
Donor: Raymond Story
Date Received: February 1, 1999
Literary Rights Statement
Permission to publish from the material must be obtained from the Irving Archives.
The file contains an original receipt of payment from the Merchants and Planters Bank of Irving for $52 dated September 21, 1907, and a receipt of payment from Parlin and Olendorff Implement Co. dated October 20, 1908. Also included are three photographs one of a footbridge in the Salvation Army Camp; one of a building in the camp; and one of the remains of a burned house located at Singleton and Ledbetter. All photos are dated 1959.
Merchants and Planter Bank was Irving's first bank. It opened in 1906 and was renamed Irving State Bank in 1908. In the 1960s, the name was changed again to Irving Bank & Trust. The donor, Raymond Story, is the son of W. C. Story, who owned the receipts. Mr. Story notes that the receipt from Parlin and Olendorff was for purchase of a gas engine used to operate a saw for custom-cut firewood.