|Collection 21 - Jack Johnson Papers, 1943-1996
Abstract: Jack Johnson served on the Irving city council,1939-1942, and as mayor, 1942-1947. He also served on the Irving Independent School Dirstict school board. He was a feed store owner and also worked as an officer for the Dallas County Sheriff's Department and as an investigator for the Dallas County District Attorney's Office. He later served as constable of Precinct 8, which included Irving. Newspaper clippings, correspondence, business records, campaign material, artifacts, ephemera.
Donor: Johnson family Size: .4 ft. (1 box)
|Collection 22 - Windsor Publications/Irving Heritage Society Collection
Abstract: In 1988, the Irving Heritage Society comissioned a general history book on Irving, Texas. Windsor Publications produced the book. Joseph Rice, PhD., was the author. The book was entitled Irving A Texas Odyssey. Duplicate photographs and negatives from images that were used in the book, photo control logs, correspondence.
Donor: The Irving Heritage Society Size: .65 ft. (2 boxes)
|Collection 23 - Lee Park Aerobics Class Scrapbook, 1977-1982
Abstract: Scrapbook documenting the activities of the Lee Park Recreation Center aerobic exercise class.
Donor: Sigrid Krehbiel Size: .2 ft. (1 box)
|Collection 24 - Omnibus Club Scrapbooks, 1963-1984
Abstract: Established in 1963, the purpose of the club was "to stimulate the quest for knowledge, culture, and understanding of the arts." Scrapbooks.
Donor: Martha Watson Size: .5 ft. (2 boxes)
|Collection 25 - Irving Book Review Club Records, 1953-1998
Abstract: Established in 1953, members meet once a month to hear speakers review books on various topics. Scrapbooks, minutes, treasurer's reports.
Donor: Irving Book Review Club Size: .5 ft. (3 boxes)
|Collection 26 - Rebecca Rome Collection, 1934-1988
Abstract: Rebecca Rome worked as a researcher on the local history book, Irving A Texas Odyssey. Material collected by Ms. Rome while conducting her research for the book. Rough drafts of parts of the book, newspapers, interview notes, newspaper clippings, research papers relating to Irving.
Donor: Rebecca Rome Size: .9 ft. (3 boxes and 3 newspaper folders)
|Collection 27 - Galen Burke Collection, c. 1966-1991
Abstract: Galen Burke, Irving resident, pilot, and flight engineer, was instrumental in founding three hobby clubs in the area: The Irving Bicycle and Touring Club, The Dallas Hullraiser Catamaran Club, and the Metro Movie Makers. Newsletters, rosters, minutes, correspondence, photographs, films.
Donor: Galen Burke Size: .6 ft. (2 boxes)
|Collection 29 - P.E.O. Chapter DV Collection, 1963-1999
Abstract: P.E.O. is a worldwide sorority, founded in 1869, dedicated to providing higher education opportunities for women. The Irving Chapter DV, Irving's second chaper of P.E.O., was organized in 1963. Scrapbooks, publications, correspondence, photographs, artifacts, newspaper clippings, attendance book, treasurer's reports.
Donor: P.E.O. Chapter DV Size: 1.5 ft. (3 boxes)
|Collection 30 - The Troy Kelley Papers, 1972-1991
Abstract: Troy Kelley served 12 years on the Irving Independent School District Board of Trustees, and as president of the local chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He founded a nonprofit organization designed to facilitate the adoption of orphans in post-Ceausescu Romania.
Donor: Troy and Bonnie Kelley Size: .2 ft. (1 box)
|Collection 31 - Charles and Catherine Schulze Collection, 1883-1998
Abstract: Charles Schulze, Jr. (1913-2003) was the nephew of Irving's co-founder J. O. Schulze. Charles Schulze's father, C. P. Schulze, Sr., came to Irving to take over running Irving Lumber after J. O. Schulze returned to Iowa in 1905. Catherine O'Connell Schulze (1915-2005) a native of Dallas, married Charles Schulze in 1936. The couple made their home in Irving, where both were active in the city's business, civic, and social affairs. Personal documents, city government related documents, maps, newspaper clippings, photographs.
Donor: Charles and Catherine Schulze
Size: 2 ft. (4 boxes, newspaper cabinet, map cabinet)
|Collection 32 - Earl Ayles Papers, 1969-2000
Abstract: Earl Ayles was an employee of the city of Irving in the Department of Community Development for 26 years. During Mr. Ayles tenure with the city Texas Stadium, D/FW Airport, Las Colinas, and Valley Rancy were developed. Project files, publications, photographs.
Donor: Earl Ayles Size: 4.5 ft. (6 boxes and 1 oversize folder)
|Collection 33 - James and Barbara Moreland Collection, 1950-1972
Abstract: James Moreland served on the Irving Independent School District Board of Trustees during the 1960s. James Moreland and Barbara Cannon Moreland were graduates of Irving High School. Girl's Irving High School letter jacket, 1950, scrapbook detailing Mr. Moreland's years on the school board.
Donor: James and Barbara Moreland Size: .25 ft. (2 boxes)
|Collection 34 - Mary Kathryn Clyatt/Martha Ann Trate Irving High School Scrapbook, 1937-1940
Abstract: Mary Kathryn Clyatt and Martha Ann Trate were members of the 1940 Irving High School graduating class. Scrapbook documenting school activities 1937-1940, primarily through the school newspaper.
Donor: Mary Kathryn Clyatt and Martha Ann Trate Size: .2 ft. (1 box)
|Collection 35 - The Esther Hurwitz Papers, 1890s-1980s
Abstract: Esther Hurwitz (1902-1976) founded Irving's first public library. She was an active advocate for progress in the Irving area and Dallas County. The collection centers around the operation of the library, 1930s-1960s. Correspondence, financial records, library records, board meeting minutes, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, photographs.
Donor: Esther Hurwitz and the Irving Public Library Size: 2 ft. (4 boxes)
|Collection 36 - Darr Equipment Company Records, 1954-2002
Abstract: Darr Equipment Company was a Caterpillar diesel tractor dealership for north and east Texas and parts of Oklahoma with their headquarters in Irving, Texas. Company history files, employee development and customer service program files, company publications, photos, artifacts.
Donor: Darr Equipment Company Size: 4.5 ft. (10 boxes)
|Collection 37 - COI-CD-Map Collection 1
Abstract: Maps created or accumulated by the city of Irving Department of Community Development pertaining to various city development projects, 1950s-1990s.
Donor: City of Irving, Department of Community Development
Size: 7 ft. (14 boxes, 18 folders, and mounted maps)
|Collection 38 - P.E.O. Chapter CN Records, 1951-1996
Abstract: P.E.O. is a worldwide sorority, founded in 1869, dedicated to providing higher education opportunities for women. The Irving P. E. O. Chapter CN, Irving's original chaper, was organized in 1951. Scrapbooks, minutes, treasurer's reports.
Donor: P. E. O. Chapter CN Size: 1.28 ft. (5 boxes)
|Collection 39 - Plat Maps from Tax Department
Abstract: Dallas County abstract maps and plat maps used by the City of Irving Tax Department, 1950s-1970s.
Donor: City of Irving - Tax Department Size: 12 ft. (36 boxes)
|Collection 40 - Elise and Adolphe Walker Collection, 1920s-1990s
Abstract: Elise Vitz Walker taught in the Irving public school system from the early 1930s until she retired in 1976. She married Adolphe Walker, a native Irvingite, in 1932. Material collected by Elise Walker during her life and teaching career. Material related to the Walker family, Irving schools, current events and general topics, newspaper articles, and photographs.
Donor: Anna Walker Kirkland Size: .6 ft. (1 box, 2 newspaper folders)
|1-20 | 21-40 | 41-60 | 61-80|