Special Event Updates

Posted on: February 6, 2017

Vendors Invited to Apply for Spots at Irving Special Events

2013 IMSE vendors_thumb.jpg

The application for vendors to sell food, crafts and other items at Irving's 2017 citywide special events is now available online. Vendor spaces are available at several events throughout the year, including Canal Fest, the Taste of Irving and the Irving Main Street Event. While the preferred application method is via the online form, paper applications are available in the Parks and Recreation Office inside Irving City Hall.

4/28/17 Update: All food vendor and community vendor spaces at 2017 events are full.  Vendors in these categories may continue to submit applications for placement on the waiting list.  Spaces are still available in the Artisan and Commercial categories at the Irving Main Street Event only.

New Categories

Beginning in 2017 all vendors will be classified into one of four groups:

  • Artisan Vendor
    • Vendor must create the products to be exhibited or sold (at least 75 percent original products).
    • This includes handmade or custom art, jewelry, clothing, accessories, furniture, decor, toys or similar items.
  • Community Vendor
    • Information, resale and local businesses.
    • This includes independent consultants/direct sales, nonprofit organizations, locally owned Irving-based businesses, and the sale of manufactured products and prepackaged food/beverage items.
  • Commercial Vendor
    • Chain retailers, regional/national corporations, and businesses based outside of Irving.
    • This includes electricity/internet/phone service providers, health care institutions, memberships/rewards clubs, travel agents and other retail or service providers.
  • Food Vendor
    • Any vendor serving open food or beverage requiring a permit under Irving Inspections or Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission rules.
    • This includes any alcohol, edible substances, ice, beverages or open ingredients.
    • This does not include prepackaged, non-potentially hazardous foods, such as unopened cans or bottles of nonalcoholic beverage, individual bags of chips/cookies, etc.  Such items generally fall under "Community Vendor."
    • Food vendor spaces at several events are already full; the vendor application will identify which events have available spaces and which are accepting applications for the Wait List only.

All interested vendors must submit a completed application; information about each event is available online at www.IrvingEvents.org. Use the link below to complete the 2017 Vendor Application, or visit the Parks and Recreation Office at Irving City Hall for a paper copy. For more information about vendor opportunities, call (972) 721-2773.

2017 Irving Special Event Vendor Application
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in Special Event Updates