Ask the Budget Guy
- When monitoring the budget, what would that define? What would be involved in monitoring of the budget? What are the procedures, protocols or reports that might substantiate monitoring of the budget?
- I would like to see many more trees in Irving. Also, requesting an additional arborist and new equipment for the maintenance and upkeep of trees.
- I would like to see funding for a traffic study to add sheltered bicycle lanes to major thoroughfares to increase bicycle commuting. Estimated at $150,000 to $200,000.
- I would like to see funding for protected bike lanes, as well as an expansion of lanes in Valley Ranch.
- Regarding the Master Plan for the city, what is the status of the repair of Pioneer Drive from Irving Heights to O'Connor Boulevard?
- Regarding charges for yard waste and brush pick up: (Full question in answer area.)
- The access is poor to Campion Trail on Nursery Road and Hunter Ferrell. Would also like to see Nursery widened or adding sidewalks where it changes to Hunter Farrell. Other cities have DART access.
- Bicycling in the city is hazardous.
- When will we make Southern Trail connections? Should we use sponsors here and perhaps for our parks too? (Full question in answer area.)
- Requiring alarm permits is not right or just. Misusers and abusers should pay, not everyone with an alarm. Alternatively, over time, the city could waive fee for people that do not have false calls.
- Would like to see the budget include money to build the new YMCA. (Full question in answer area.)
- The Irving Public Library System needs to have its budget increased in order to bring its books and media up to par. (Full question in answer area.)
- Would like the city to place adequate funds in the budget to rebuild the city pools that have been removed. (Full question in answer area.)
- Will there be increases to either the water or sewer (monthly service and monthly usage) for FY 2015?
- What is the expected property tax revenue for the upcoming FY2014-15 budget and what is the percentage increase from last year's budget? (Full question in answer area.)